Why Do Non-IT Organizations Need IT Consultants?
There is an old saying: “Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count all the apples in one seed.”
Similarly, any non-IT organizations perform their work without using technology, but most utilize IT consultants who help make their business fruitful by supplementing it with technology.
Many non-IT companies don’t understand the need for technology and how it can add value to their business. Thus, consultants can play a valuable role.
- IT vendors should understand the business model of non-IT organizations and that includes knowing the requirements for the value addition.
- Consulting is beneficial, because it offers solutions which, in turn reduce the transaction costs and contribute to optimization processes. .
- Handholding: help guide the non-IT organization from gathering requirements, to implementation and finally to the ROI stage.
- Training: Providing employees with the knowledge and teaching them the right skills for a newly developed system.
- Post service: Good service is always important for increasing your goodwill so it’s essential to a successful business model. If your service is high quality, then people will definitely refer you to their clients as needs arise. We know that “no publicity is better than mouth to mouth publicity.”
So what do you prefer: “traditional work and gradual success or proper consulting and good results?”
Image courtesy of msr